West bengal government has introduced West Bengal kanyashree prakalpa scheme. kanyashree scheme was introduced by department of women development and Social Welfare Government of West Bengal. Today in this article we will share you complete information regarding how you can apply for kanyashree prakalpa scheme. Also you will get objectives of WB kanyashree prakalpa scheme and main benefits of west bengal kanyashree scheme.
Kanyashree prakalpa is entity that started by government of West Bengal to improve the life and status of girls by helping them. State government of West Bengal is going to provide scholarship to the beneficiaries. West Bengal kanyashree prakalpa scheme has been designed to ensure that girls stay in school and their marriages is the least age of 18 years.
Kanyashree Prakalpa Scheme
This is a great initiative that started by West Bengal Government and department of women development and social welfare. Under this scheme government is going to improve the status of girl child by providing incentive to all teenage girls and preventing their early marriage. Today we will discuss complete objectives of kanyashree prakalpa scheme and eligibility criteria.
Overview of West Bengal kanyashree prakalpa
|Name of scheme||kanyashree prakalpa|
|Department||department of women development and social welfare|
kanyashree prakalpa scheme In West Bengal New Updates
West Bengal government has introduced kanyashree prakalpa scheme in 2013 year the scheme intent to to provide benefits to the families in an annual income of 1.2 lakh rupees. And one time payment of 25000 is offered is a part of education scheme and not married below of age 18 years. This scheme aims to empower the or girl and supporting their healthy development by creating a good environment and meaningful contribution to the society. Today in this article we will share you complete information regarding kanyashree prakalpa scheme benefits.
West bengal government department of women development and social welfare introduce kanyashree prakalpa scheme. under this scheme government aims to offer 25000 rupees. If you want to know more about kanyashree prakalpa scheme eligibility criteria registration procedure and how you can check your application status then read out our whole article till the end.
Main objective of West Bengal kanyashree prakalpa scheme are as below –
- Main objective to launch this scheme government aims to provide financial help to the girls from disadvantaged families.
- This financial help provided to the girls can use to pursue higher education.
- Implementation of scheme this will help to reduce dropouts, especially amongst girls from poor families.
- Also this will prevent child marriage in West Bengal by increasing the enrollment of girls in Secondary Education and other vocational and sports training program.
- This will also encourage the girl students for the higher education.
Kanyashree prakalpa scheme scholarship benefits
This scheme also provide scholarship amount to the beneficiaries and scholarship to be paid annually to the girls in age of 13 to 18 for every year. This will help the girl students to pursue their higher education. Under kanyashree prakalpa one time grant will also paid to girl between age of 18 and 19.
Scholarship amount as below –
|Annual scholarship (K1)||Rs. 1000|
|One time grant (K2)||Rs. 25000|
|For science stream students (K3) monthly scholarship||Rs 2500|
|For Arts stream students (monthly scholarship)||Rs 2000|
Eligibility criteria for annual scholarship (K1)
If you’re looking for eligibility criteria for annual scholarship under kanyashree prakalpa scheme, then given below-
- Students between age 13 to 17 years are eligible to get annual scholarship benefits.
- Applicant should be unmarried.
- Students enrolled in classes VIII-XII in government recognised regular or equivalent schools.
- The students family income should be less than or equal to 1.20 Lakh Per annum.
- Family income conditionally to be varied if any one of following condition-
- Applicant girl is physically handicapped.
- Students parents both father and mother are deceased.
Kanyashree prakalpa Eligibility criteria for one time grant
- Girl age between 18 19 years can apply for the scheme.
- The girl was and married and attain of 18 years age.
- Girl applicant is enrolled and regularly attending an Institution of Higher Education or training are eligible.
- The family income of of applicant should be less than or equal to 1.20 Lakh per annum.
Eligibility criteria for monthly scholarship
- Those Students who are registered for K2 level eligible for Monthly scholarship.
- If you want to apply for kanyashree monthly scholarship scheme then I wouldn’t have to pass undergraduate degree with at least 45% marks and took admission in any postgraduate courses under the university.
- There is no maximum age limit to apply kanyashree prakalpa scheme (Monthly Scholarship k3 Level).
Important document required –
- Age proof document – copy of birth certificate
- Statement declaration of being a marriage
- Income certificate
- Certificate of enrolment and attendance by head of Institution of education or training
- Copy of certificate of disability for handicapped girls
- Photocopy of bank passbook
Registration procedure for kanyashree prakalpa scheme
If you want to apply for kanyashree prakalpa scheme then you have to follow the below procedure –
Important Note:- before applying for West Bengal kanyashree prakalpa scheme eligible girls should open a bank account in her name.
Step 1: Applicant need to to visit official website.
Step 2: Download the application form, (eligible girl student has to collect Application form from respective education Institution).
Step 3: Fill the following details to get scholarship benefits –
- Enter your personal details
- Address details
- Educational qualification address and Details
Step 4: Also application have to find the application form and also signed by their parents.
Step 5: Now you have to submit application form along with documents to the respective education institution.
Step 6: After that head of department will verify the details entered by the student and put an official stamp.
Step 7: Open acknowledgement slip and keep application number for the future address.
Step 8: After successful submission of application form, all the details will be uploaded on the official website of kanyashree prakalpa scheme.
How to check kanyashree prakalpa application status?
If you want to check your application status then follow the below mentioned steps.
Step 1: Open the official website of kanyashree prakalpa, direct link given here.
Step 2: Click on the track application option on the home page.
Step 3: Now you have to select the year and type of scheme in the drop-down menu.
Step 4: Now enter your date of birth and application ID and fill the captcha code.
Step 5: After that you have to click on submit button.
Result: Know your application status will appear on your screen.
Renewal Of Scholarship
If you want to renew your annual scholarship, then let me clear one thing the procedure of application of renewal scholarship is same as for new application. You have to provide all the documents expect the income certificate is provided for renewal. All document and application will be e proceed as same and verified as per prescribed process.
Payment Mode of WB Kanyashree Prakalpa
The annual scholarship for one time grant refer to the beneficiary account. Once applicant application is approved then applicant will get benefits through their bank account. Bank account can be opened in any scheduled bank as per 2nd scheduled of Reserve Bank of India Act.
West Bengal kanyashree prakalpa scheme FAQs
Ans- this is scheme launched by west bengal government.
Ans- scheme started by Mamta banarjee on October 2013.
Ans- kanyashree ID number is created once your application is upload approved and uploaded on kanyashree portal.
Ans- you can check your application status as per above mentioned steps.
Final Words:- I hope you will get complete information regarding kanyashree prakalpa scheme. For updated information stay in touch with us.