Kerala government has recently introduced a new scheme to help all differently abled people to continue their studies. This Kerala vidyajyoti scheme launched by Kerala state government. Under this scheme government aims to provide financial help to all differently abled people. Today in this article we will share you complete information regarding Kerala vidyajyoti scheme eligibility criteria, incentive amount and document required. Also we will share complete step by step application procedure.
Government of Kerala has launched to help all differently abled people for their education. Under this scheme government is going to provide financial assistance to differently abled candidates. Kerala government is going to provide scholarship and grants. As per the report there are around 7.73 lakh differently abled people out of which 1.30 lakh people are under the age of 18 years. This is a great initiative that started by Kerala government for disabled students. If you want to know about this scheme then read out this whole article till the end.
Kerala Vidyajyoti Scheme 2021
Social Justice Department, government of Kerala inviting online application form for vidyajyoti scheme 2020. Candidates can filled online application form on the official website sjd.kerala.gov.in. Under this scheme government is going to provide financial assistance to purchase uniforms and study material to physically handicapped students. vidyajyoti scheme is also approved by cabinet aiming at welfare to disable students.
Overview & highlights vidyajyoti Kerala
|Name of scheme||Kerala vidyajyoti scheme|
|Launched by||Kerala state government|
|Benefits||physically handicapped student|
Main Objectives of Kerala vidyajyoti scheme
- Under this scheme government aims to provide educational upliftment to differently abled students.
- Physically handicapped students studying in class 9th 10th plus one plus two ITI Polytechnic,VHSC, degree, diploma, professional courses and post graduation will get financial help.
- This financial amount would be directly transferred to a bank account of beneficiary through DBT mode.
- Recently Social Justice Department with the help of Kerala it mission conducted on state by disability survey.
- In this survey reports there are around 7.79 lakh differently abled person out of 1.30 lakh person are below 18 years of age. Government is going to provide support and encourage them by providing help in their study material and uniform.
Online procedure Kerala vidyajyoti scheme Application form
- First of all applicant new to visit the official website of Kerala Social Justice Department.
- On the homepage, choose scheme option main menu.
- After that you have to select “Kerala vidyajyoti scheme”
- Kerala vidyajyoti scheme application form PDF will be appear on your screen.
- You can download this application form to your system.
- After that you have to fill this application form attached the necessary documents and submit this form to the concerned authorities.
Candidate who wants to apply for this team must check the eligibility criteria given below-
- Applicant must be studying in government/government aided institution.
- The head of Institutions should attached the duly filled application form.
- Under Kerala vidyajyoti scheme, priority must be given to BPL category student.
- Applicant need to submit duly filled application form to the concerned district Social Justice officer.
- Attested copies of of certificate issued by medical board proving that the applicant has 40% and more disability.
Financial assistance under Kerala vidyajyoti scheme
Financial assistance is given as per the disability percentage and courses wise mentioned below.
|S.No||Name of Course/Class||Study material Assistance||Assistance for Uniform|
|1||9th-10th Standard||Rs. 1000 each (50 children from each district)||Rs. 1500 (30 children from each district)|
|2||+1, +2, ITI, Polytechnic, VHSC||Rs. 2000 each (50 children from each district)||Rs. 1500/- each (30 children from each district)|
|3||Degree, Diploma, Professional Courses||Rs. 3000 each (25 children from each district)||Nil|
|4||Post Graduation||Rs. 3000 each (20 children from each district)||Nil|
Document required –
- Recent size photograph
- Aadhar card
- Disability certificate
- BPL certificate
- Any certificate or report card to ensure applicant is currently studying
- Bank passbook
Kerala vidyajyoti scheme beneficiary list
Those candidates who wants to check their name in the list follow the below procedure –
- Applicant have to visit official website.
- On the homepage, select target group section and click on the beneficiary details.
- A new page displayed on your screen
- You have to select your financial year and district.
After that your name and district amount it complete list appear on your screen.
Frequently asked questions FAQs
Ans- Kerala government has started the scheme to provide financial assistance to the physically handicapped students.
Ans- you can download scheme application form above provided link or you can visit the official website.
Ans- complete list of documents mentioned above.
Final Words:- I hope you will get complete information about vidyajyoti scheme. For more latest updates stay connected with us.